The Palliative Care Society had launched project "Implementation of innovation solutions in Children's Palliative Care" (project No. 2012.EEZ/PP/1/MAC/050/032), funded by the EEA Financial Mechanism programme for the period 2009-2014 "NGO Project Measure". The project was financially supported by Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
The area of the Project "Introduction of innovative solutions in children's palliative care" is Latvia. The location of implementation is Riga, Vienības gatve 45 and place of residence of the client.
The Project's timeline 02.01.2014. – 30.06.2015.
Eligible Expenditures - 110 738,87 EUR.
The Project is implemented by project provider "Childrens'Palliative Care Society" and cooperation partners Society "Palīdzības centrs "Spēkavots"" and the Belarusian Children's Hospice.
Goal of the Project is assuring availability of innovative children's palliative care (furtherer – CPC) service (applying telemedicine technologies) to each family with incurably ill disabled child by promoting overall improvement of families' welfare, strengthening democratic values and respect for human rights in Latvia.
Target group of the Project is formed of families with incurably ill children (disabled children).
The following activities are going to be carried out within the framework of the Project:
- Assurance of children's PC service at home including innovative telemedicine.
- Supporting groups for families with incurably ill children (disabled children).
- Acquisition of the good practice and exchange of experience in assurance of children's PC in Belarus.
- Organising of informative seminar-camp "Together it is easy!"
- Elaboration and publicity of informative materials.
- Administration, management and supervision of the Project.